A peep sight is an essential part of archery that helps to shoot the target precisely with the bow. It is tough to shoot a target accurately without the peep sight. If you don’t know how to tie in a peep sight, then you are at right place.
There are different ways to tie a peep sight. Here I am going to discuss my favorite way to tie a peep sight. So if you want to tie your peep sight without error don’t stop reading this step by step guide on tying in a peep sight. You can visit this website Huntingrule.com
Step by Step guide on How to tie in a peep sight
Step 1- Take Necessary Equipment:
At first, you should take the necessary materials with you. Here are some must-have materials that you will need to tie a peep sight.
- Peep Sight Serving material
Serving material here is serving thread that we will use to tie our peep sight into the bow.
We will use the lighter for making smooth finishing on the remaining serving material.
After tying the peep sight into the bow we will cut the serving material through scissors.
We will use a tweezer as a clip that will work as another hand for us.
You can relay on pick my perfect team for any suggestion on picking the right equipment.
Step 2 – Tie the first side of the peep sight:
Before going to tie in a peep sight, we should look the direction of the twist in the string. We can create serving knot easily if we do our serving in the same direction as the string.
- First, take serving material behind the string and live a long enough piece. While doing this make sure that shorter end of the serving pointing in the same direction as the peep sight.
- Then take longer end of the serving and twist it around the string pinching the short end of the serving against the string. Do this few times. For my case, I do this five times.
- Now, grab the short end of the serving and pull it in the direction of the peep sight. It will make a knot around the string tight and nice.
- After that take the short end of the serving and move it over so that it points the opposite direction of the peep sight.
- Now take a long piece of serving and continue twisting it around the string in the same direction. Do this five times. After doing this five twist, you will notice that the short end of the serving is coming out from the serving. When you stop twisting the long end of the serving around the string make sure that you stop where the esthetics of this knot start coming to it. After stopping twisting the long end grab tweezer open it and pinch it in the knot so that knot doesn’t loose.
- At this point take the long end of serving piece, move it through the string hole and bring and bring it around. Do this 4 to 5 times and make sure that space between them is the same. After that pull the long end of the serving, so that created loops become tighter.
- This time we will take another loop, but we will make this loop on the other side of the peep. After creating a loop on the other side of the peep, we will pull up the longer end tight so that it goes underneath of the peep. Now we will put some tension on the longer side of the serving. It’s time to remove the tweezer because now there is no chance of loosing the knot.
Wow, you have successfully tied one side of the peep sight.
Step 3 – Tie in a peep sight:
Now we will tie the peep site itself into the string.
- To tie the peep site itself into the string take the long piece of serving and make a loop. We will run it through the groove on the peep sight. To do that take the end side of the longer piece back on to peep site and come around the bottom of the string, then put the long end piece through the created loop and slowly tighten it. While doing this make sure that all serving material stays on the groove of the sight. It will help to keep serving material nice and tight.
- After tightening the loop on the groove, we will pinch the end of the longer serving underneath of another half of string to run the same loop on the other side of the string. To do this take the end of the longer piece and put it through the string, then pull it down towards peep site. While doing this, you have to keep as much tension as possible on it.
Now we are done with the tie the peep site itself into the string. In the next step, we will tie another remaining side of the peep sight.
Step 4 – Tie the remaining side of the peep sight:
In this step, we will tie the remaining side of the peep sight. Before going to tie this side of the peep sight, you should keep an eye on the twist of the string. So let’s tie this remain side of the peep sight.
- To do that take the end of the long-serving piece and take it through underneath of the half of the string. Remember that here we will create the same number of loops that we created on the other side of the peep sight. After creating the same number of loops, we will create our back serving.
- In order to create the back serving, take the long end of the serving around the string. Do this as many times you did on the other side of the peep sight. Now to create back serving, create a loop and carry the serving on the string on the same direction in towards original serving that we created. Here create the same number of loops that we created before.
- After that put the end side of the long piece towards peep sight and continue wrapping around the string, as you wrap on the other side knot will unravel on the back side. At this time pull the end of the long piece which will bring that loop you created down towards the string. Then pull the end to tight and do the same on the other side of the peep sight.
- Wow, you have successfully tied the remaining side of the peep sight. Now cut the remaining serving through scissors from both sides of the peep sight. It’s time to get the lighter and burn the serving end on both sides. Congratulation you have successfully tied a peep sight.
How to fix peep sight rotation?
Here are few tips to fix peep sight rotation,
- To avoid peep sight rotation, you can add some glue to D loop to the serving.
- Sometimes low-quality string cause peep sight rotation, so to avoid peep sight rotation you can use high-quality string.
- When you install your peep sight in the string make sure that you install it in the center of the string.
Tie a peep sight was not an easy job for you. After reading this step by step guide on this, I hope you will be able to tie your peep sight easily. If you face any problem how to tie in a peep sight, let me know about that in the comment box below.